Helguson latest name on target list
Bolton's Heidar Helguson is the latest candidate to fill Norwich City's striker vacancy.The Iceland international, formerly with Watford and Fulham, was linked with the Canaries by weekend reports.
Bolton's Heidar Helguson is the latest candidate to fill Norwich City's striker vacancy.
The Iceland international, formerly with Watford and Fulham, was linked with the Canaries by weekend reports.
Helguson, 31, has struggled to win a first-team place in a year at the Reebok Stadium, making just eight senior appearances, scoring twice. He has also been sidelined by ankle surgery.
Roeder's number one target is 31-year-old Norwegian striker Steffen Iversen, playing for Rosenborg, who are involved in a UEFA Cup second qualifying round, second leg tie against Swedish club Djurgarden on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
“I still feel we are missing one big piece in the jigsaw and that is that target man. I'm just having problems extracting one or two players who are target men from their clubs at the moment,” said Roeder.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 9 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 10 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City