Hellesdon Belles beat league leaders Costessey
Costessey 0, Hellesdon Belles
The Belles were at league leaders Costessey on a bitterly cold Sunday lunchtime.
The Belles welcomed back Oli Kober into the starting line-up. As the Belles dominated the first half Keri Boorman put Naomi Nixon in, whose effort was saved by the keeper but the follow-up was slotted in.
The Belles continued to press but it stayed 1-0 at half time.
The Belles also welcomed back Vicky Sherwood, with her and Kenna coming on and Oli going up front, they were denied a penalty for hand-ball in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
The Belles defended superbly with defenders Bel Downing, Kim Tomlinson and Janet Barker, in goal, dealing with everything that Costessey had.
Heather Heslin won everything in the middle and deservedly won the player of the match award.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 6 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 7 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 8 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
This was Belles’ first ever win at Costessey in a fantastic team performance - outstanding!