Hellesdon Belles beat league leaders Costessey
Costessey 0, Hellesdon Belles
The Belles were at league leaders Costessey on a bitterly cold Sunday lunchtime.
The Belles welcomed back Oli Kober into the starting line-up. As the Belles dominated the first half Keri Boorman put Naomi Nixon in, whose effort was saved by the keeper but the follow-up was slotted in.
The Belles continued to press but it stayed 1-0 at half time.
The Belles also welcomed back Vicky Sherwood, with her and Kenna coming on and Oli going up front, they were denied a penalty for hand-ball in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
The Belles defended superbly with defenders Bel Downing, Kim Tomlinson and Janet Barker, in goal, dealing with everything that Costessey had.
Heather Heslin won everything in the middle and deservedly won the player of the match award.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 5 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 9 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
This was Belles’ first ever win at Costessey in a fantastic team performance - outstanding!