Hethersett back up to second
Hethersett Athletic Ladies are back up into second place in the Eastern Region Women’s Premier Division after a comfortable 4-0 win over Haringey Borough.
Once again a very young and inexperienced Hethersett team pulled out all the stops in a tough-tackling game.
Emma Mulley and 16-year-old Lucy Middleton both scored twice.
Hethersett are on the same number of points as league leaders Barking but with an inferior goal difference.
Hethersett Athletic Ladies Hearts were once again hit by first-team calls and unavailability for their game at Wymondham.
You may also want to watch:
It was an excellent match of end-to-end football with Hethersett taking the lead after 62 minutes when Hannah Waters beat three players before scoring.
Wymondham pressed for the equaliser which came three minutes into added on time. Despite dropping points it was another excellent performance from Hearts.
- 1 PRESSER: City v Watford - Sorensen and Lees-Melou winning fitness race; trio out
- 2 Impassioned Farke lays into City critics
- 3 'Scary' Hugill giving West Brom edge in the Championship
- 4 NCFC LIVE: Crunch clash as City host rivals Watford
- 5 STARTING XIs: Five changes for City against Watford
- 6 Pukki must adapt to the new post-Emi reality
- 7 Robin Sainty: Normann could solve City's weak points
- 8 City boss dismisses Hornets' hype
- 9 David Freezer: City’s boss is immersed in a high-stakes poker game
- 10 Canaries confirm Covid status checks are 'purely for research purposes'
Hethersett Athletic Girls U15 rotated their squad for their home game against Red Rose, but still came away with a comfortable 4-1 victory.
Defender Beth Evans showed that she has the goal touch with a hat-trick with her third goal coming from the penalty spot. Hethersett’s other strike came from top scorer Sophie Rock.
The girls played well with Ella Stephenson once again outstanding in another good Hethersett display.