Hethersett beat league leaders
HETHERSETT ATHLETIC LADIES bounced back from a disappointing draw at West Lynn to beat league leaders Barking and end their 100 per cent record at the top of the Eastern Region Premier Division.
HETHERSETT ATHLETIC LADIES bounced back from a disappointing draw at West Lynn to beat league leaders Barking and end their 100 per cent record at the top of the Eastern Region Premier Division. An Emily Coates hat-trick saw Hethersett to a 3-2 victory to push themselves up to sixth place, six points behind the leaders. If they are to mount a serious challenge on the league title Hethersett will have to ensure they do not drop any more points against the weaker teams. After six games they have two wins, three draws and one defeat.
TWO footballers from Hethersett Athletic have been picked to play for Norfolk Ladies against Hertfordshire. Defender Adele McCrory and leading goal-scorer Emily Coates have been selected for the 16-player squad for the game which will take place at the County Ground, Letchworth on Wed, Sept 30.
HETHERSETT ATHLETIC LADIES HEARTS opened their league campaign with a 5-0 victory at UEA with Hannah Waters scoring four and the other coming from Katie Swann. The team has high hopes of doing well in their first season in the Norfolk Women's League.
HETHERSETT GIRLS U17 also got their season off to a fine start with a crushing 9-0 win at home to Freethorpe with Hannah Waters hitting a hat-trick. Charlotte Swann added a brace and other goals came from Lauren Matthews, Sam Brookes, Megan Todd and Megan Cletheroe. Hethersett found it tough going early on and took 32 minutes to open the scoring. An avalanche of goals saw them 5-0 up by half-time. They continued to play good football after the break and added four more goals.
You may also want to watch:
HETHERSETT ATHLETIC GIRLS U14 went down 3-1 at Blofield with their goal from Sophie Rock. Hethersett had most of the early possession but were unable to turn this into goals and Blofield broke away to net. Hethersett went close on several occasions but it was Blofield who extended their lead before Sophie Rock pulled a goal back for Hethersett before the break. Rock hit the bar and Blofield added a third despite the tireless running of the Hethersett girls.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits