Hethersett gain Women’s FA Cup scalp
Hethersett Athletic Hearts 4, Lowestoft Ladies 2
Hethersett captured a significant scalp in the first qualifying round of the Women’s FA Cup with a 4-2 victory over previously unbeaten Eastern Region side Lowestoft.
Hethersett took the game to their opponents who seemed to expect an easy passage into the next round only to find the home team in sparkling form.
Hethersett took the lead after five minuites when Hannah Waters latched onto a through ball to slot home. Charlie Swann then floated in a free kick which was turned home by Nina Bachelor and Lauren Matthews added a third after a flowing move. Lowestoft pulled a goal back before the interval.
The Suffolk side came out for the second half in determined fashion and pulled another goal back after a constant period of attacking.
You may also want to watch:
Hethersett weathered the storm with the defence holding firm and near the end Waters broke away to seal a fine victory with her second goal of the match.
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 3 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 4 MATCHDAY LIVE: No promotion but points to be won for City at Derby
- 5 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 10 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams