Hethersett gain Women’s FA Cup scalp
Hethersett Athletic Hearts 4, Lowestoft Ladies 2
Hethersett captured a significant scalp in the first qualifying round of the Women’s FA Cup with a 4-2 victory over previously unbeaten Eastern Region side Lowestoft.
Hethersett took the game to their opponents who seemed to expect an easy passage into the next round only to find the home team in sparkling form.
Hethersett took the lead after five minuites when Hannah Waters latched onto a through ball to slot home. Charlie Swann then floated in a free kick which was turned home by Nina Bachelor and Lauren Matthews added a third after a flowing move. Lowestoft pulled a goal back before the interval.
The Suffolk side came out for the second half in determined fashion and pulled another goal back after a constant period of attacking.
You may also want to watch:
Hethersett weathered the storm with the defence holding firm and near the end Waters broke away to seal a fine victory with her second goal of the match.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?