Hethersett gain Women’s FA Cup scalp
Hethersett Athletic Hearts 4, Lowestoft Ladies 2
Hethersett captured a significant scalp in the first qualifying round of the Women’s FA Cup with a 4-2 victory over previously unbeaten Eastern Region side Lowestoft.
Hethersett took the game to their opponents who seemed to expect an easy passage into the next round only to find the home team in sparkling form.
Hethersett took the lead after five minuites when Hannah Waters latched onto a through ball to slot home. Charlie Swann then floated in a free kick which was turned home by Nina Bachelor and Lauren Matthews added a third after a flowing move. Lowestoft pulled a goal back before the interval.
The Suffolk side came out for the second half in determined fashion and pulled another goal back after a constant period of attacking.
You may also want to watch:
Hethersett weathered the storm with the defence holding firm and near the end Waters broke away to seal a fine victory with her second goal of the match.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win