Hethersett Hearts through to cup final
Hethersett Ladies Hearts are through to the final of the Norfolk Women’s League Cup after a solid, if unspectacular, performance in the semi-finals against Stalham, winning 4-1.
Hethersett always had the upper hand, but at times struggled to really press home their advantage.
However, two goals in each half were enough to take them through to a final at Plantation Park, Blofield on May 6, against either Acle or Thorpe Reserves.
The Hethersett second string took an early lead with a thumping drive from Lisa Ferdani only to see Stalham equalise shortly after.
Top scorer Hannah Waters restored Hethersett’s lead just before half-time with a fine individual goal which saw her cut in from the left before firing home.
You may also want to watch:
Hethersett dominated the second half for long periods with the strength of Ferdani and speed of Waters proving too much for Stalham and it was Ferdani who made it 3-1 with a low shot from inside the box.
Waters then made certain of a final place with her second goal of the afternoon.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 6 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 9 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
Hethersett Athletic Ladies travelled to Billericay for their final Eastern Region Premier Division fixture of the season and went down 4-1 with their only goal coming from Abi Charlton.
The match caps a disappointing season for the team, who finish third from bottom. Player of the match against Billericay was goalkeeper Amy Bell.