Hethersett Hearts through to cup final
Hethersett Ladies Hearts are through to the final of the Norfolk Women’s League Cup after a solid, if unspectacular, performance in the semi-finals against Stalham, winning 4-1.
Hethersett always had the upper hand, but at times struggled to really press home their advantage.
However, two goals in each half were enough to take them through to a final at Plantation Park, Blofield on May 6, against either Acle or Thorpe Reserves.
The Hethersett second string took an early lead with a thumping drive from Lisa Ferdani only to see Stalham equalise shortly after.
Top scorer Hannah Waters restored Hethersett’s lead just before half-time with a fine individual goal which saw her cut in from the left before firing home.
You may also want to watch:
Hethersett dominated the second half for long periods with the strength of Ferdani and speed of Waters proving too much for Stalham and it was Ferdani who made it 3-1 with a low shot from inside the box.
Waters then made certain of a final place with her second goal of the afternoon.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 2 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 3 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 4 Through troubled waters to unexpected success - Farke reflects on spell as City boss
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Di Cunningham: Young talent will not be hindered under Farke and Webber's watch
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 9 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
Hethersett Athletic Ladies travelled to Billericay for their final Eastern Region Premier Division fixture of the season and went down 4-1 with their only goal coming from Abi Charlton.
The match caps a disappointing season for the team, who finish third from bottom. Player of the match against Billericay was goalkeeper Amy Bell.