Hethersett stay top after draw
Hethersett Athletic Ladies stay top of the Eastern Region Premier Division thanks to a goal-less draw against Cambridge University.
Hethersett are just a point ahead of Barking and Brentwood. With virtually half of the league programme complete, the next two weeks could be crucial for Hethersett’s title hopes.
This Sunday they visit Chelmsford and the following week they are away to Bedford.
These two tough away games will give some indication as to whether Hethersett are strong enough to step up into the third tier of the national women’s game.
Hethersett travelled to play bottom-of-the-table Cambridge University in the league, having been knocked out of the Women’s FA Cup the previous week by them.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridge have had a poor start to the season but their team has been augmented by good quality players returning to the university after the summer break and that makes them dangerous.
Hethersett battled well and maintained their unbeaten league record thanks to a goalless draw.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
Hethersett Athletic Ladies Hearts have been struggling in recent weeks through injuries and went down 5-0 at Bungay Ladies.