High five for Jordan as Diss run riot
Cornard United 0, Diss Town 6
Diss won 6-0 away at bottom-of-the-table Cornard to move into second place in the Ridgeons Division One table.
Jordan Rocastle took his goals tally to 16 for the season as he struck five times.
Diss had Jon Abbott and Luke Catchpole missing due to suspension and welcomed Danny Lloyd in goal. He replaced the injured Matty Webster.
The Tangerines started at a furious pace and were 2-0 up inside six minutes.
You may also want to watch:
George Watts-Sturrock sent a third-minute free-kick across for Brendan Foley to head past Matt Walker for the opening goal.
Jordan Rocastle turned into the penalty area before curling his shot past Walker to make it 2-0.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Inside the next four minutes Dan Wynne forced Walker to make two fines saves as an avalanche of goals looked on the cards.
Rocastle scored again in the 32nd minute as he beat a defender before curling another superb right foot shot past Walker.
He won the ball five minutes later and sent a fierce shot past Walker to complete his hat-trick.
Jonny King smashed a 30-yard shot against the bar but the two second-half goals were both scored by Rocastle. On the hour mark he used his skill to beat a defender before making it 5-0 with a low shot.
Cornard did have a chance to get a consolation but Danny Lloyd was having a quiet debut in the visiting goal.
The scoring was completed in the 72nd minute. Watts-Sturrock moved into the penalty area and played the ball across low for Rocastle to shoot in.
Diss team: Danny Lloyd, Jason Cole, Jonny King, Mark Shadrack, Chris Gibbons, Brendan Foley, Craig Skipp, George Watts-Sturrock, Tom Bryant, Danny Wynne, Jordan Rocastle.
Diss subs: Andy Moody (for Wynne 67 mins), Stuart Garner (for Rocastle 81 mins), Sam Bryant (for Cole 72 mins), Mark Camidge and Jesse Payne-Wilkins.