High five for NEN League in cup
Five through to the next round of the Primary Cup and one to replay that was the reward for the Optic (NE Norfolk) League.
Haisboro Athletic put out last year’s semi-finalists, Castle Acre Swifts, by the odd goal of three, Buxton Reserves hit 11 at home to Lynn Williams who replied twice, Aylsham A hit 10 at Burnham Market who netted once themselves. Sutton Rangers were 3-1 home winners over Walsingham United and Lyng won the all-league affair, 4-2 at home to Gimingham Reserves, whilst Corpusty and Saxthorpe Reserveserves must travel to Smithdon Hunstanton following the 1-1 draw after extra-time.
On the debit side, East Ruston Reserves suffered a double-figured defeat at home to Tugas United, as did Briston Reserves away at Nostro. Watlington Sports and Social scored a 9-0 win over Erpingham, Holt A did not do well on their travels to Hopton as they went down 7-0. Great Massingham saw off Worstead 2-1, Glaven Valley lost 2-0 against Snettisham Maroons. Belton proved too strong for Felmingham running in seven goals without reply and Cawston went down 3-2 at home to Caister Community Centre.
Ludham, in their Junior Cup replay, travelled to Tacolneston and they went out of the competition after being all square at four apiece at the end of 90 minutes but they conceded four extra-time goals to lose 8-4.
Coltishall are the new leaders of the Slater & Frith Division One albeit by virtue of scoring more goals following their 5-1 defeat of North Walsham Old Boys. Gimingham are locked with them after their 4-1 home win over Runton. There were odd goal of three home wins for Horning and North Walsham A over Corpusty and Hickling Reserves respectively whilst Aldborough Lions secured an away win at Briston when scoring the only goal of the game.
You may also want to watch:
Mundesley lead Wayford Nurseries Division Two following their away win at Cromer Youth Old Boys also netting the only goal of the game.
Aldborough Lions Reserves lead Knights Trophies Division Three after their 3-1 success at home over Mundesley Reserves.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder