High five for Thorpe
Aylsham Ladies 2, Thorpe United 5Thorpe's game was played in good sprit against the league runners-up last season, Aylsham. Thorpe started in good fashion with Bex coming close with a close-range effort which hit a post.
Aylsham Ladies 2, Thorpe United 5
Thorpe's game was played in good sprit against the league runners-up last season, Aylsham.
Thorpe started in good fashion with Bex coming close with a close-range effort which hit a post.
In the first half it was Thorpe which took the game to Aylsham with Midge having a shot from a Charlotte through-ball.
You may also want to watch:
It seemed that Thorpe would be the first to hit the back of the net but this was in error with the hosts taking the lead in the 35th minute with a long ball which escaped everyone to finish in the Thorpe net.
This set back only made Thorpe work harder, with Midge latching on to Lauren's pass and with a firm shot into the top corner with the keeper having no chance. With Meg , Kat and Bex working hard up front they managed to work some more shots just missing the target .
- 1 Matchday Recap: City top and unbeaten in 10 after draw with Coventry
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Canaries 1-1 Coventry City
- 3 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 4 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 5 'Frustrating' - City fans dejected after injury crisis worsens during Coventry draw
- 6 STARTING XIs: Three changes and very young bench for injury-hit City against Coventry
- 7 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 8 Late heartbreak for injury-plagued City as Biamou's late strike rescues a point for Coventry
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 10 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows
The second half went the same way as the first with Thorpe taking control of the game with Bex again coming close on a couple occasions with Lauren again providing the chance.
Hannie, only playing her second game for the club, made the score 2-1, following in on a shot which the keeper saved but not hold on to.
Thorpe stayed in control of the game thanks to some sharp defending when called upon with Kim, Bethan, Kerry and Jemma all playing their part in defending Kirstys goal.
A hand-ball in the Aylsham penalty area gave Meg the chance to further the lead which she did with ease.
Aylsham started to put the Thorpe defence under more pressure which then led to them scoring again after Kirsty had saved a shot but her defenders were too slow in clearing the rebound which was then finished by an attacker for 3-2.
Once again with the lead under threat Thorpe stepped up their work which lead to Bethan scoring her first goal of the season from a 40 yard free kick. This seemed to surprise everyone including Bethan.
With the last kick of the game Milly finished off the scoring, capping a fine performance with a goal for all her hard work.
Player of the game: Charlotte, for her constant effort throughout the game.
Thorpe team: Kirsty, Kim, Jemma, Bethan, Milly, Kim, Lauren, Charlotte, Midge, Alice, Bex, Kat, Meg, Kerry and Hannie.