Watch highlights of Norwich City's 7-0 thrashing of Huddersfield
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Premier League return is now almost inevitable for Norwich City, after a quite brilliant 7-0 demolition of Huddersfield at Carrow Road last night.
It’s the first time the Canaries have won a game by seven clear goals in the second tier, pushing them eight points clear of Watford at the summit and 17 ahead of third-placed Brentford.
Emi Buendia ran the show in the first half with a goal and three assists as the Championship leaders roared into a 5-0 lead at the break, with Teemu Pukki completing his hat-trick from the penalty spot after half-time.
Todd Cantwell, Kieran Dowell and substitute Jordan Hugill scored the other goals on a sensational night of attacking football against an injury-hit Terriers team.
Next up is a trip to lowly Derby on Saturday, when another win for Daniel Farke's team could seal promotion, as long as Brentford and Swansea fail to win, at Preston and Millwall respectively.
- You can watch extended highlights of the win above and watch the verdict of our chief Canaries reporter below
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion