Hipperson hits hat-trick for City Reserves
Taverham Ladies 0, Norwich City Ladies Reserves 6
After last week’s disappointing display, Norwich Ladies Reserves were determined to make amends this Sunday and did so with a convincing 6-0 win at Taverham.
On a poor playing surface and with a changed formation, the Yellows took time to establish their passing game, but good wing play by Nic Sheldrake and Hayley Peverley soon had them moving forward.
Sheldrake was unlucky not to find the net with a powerful cross/shot from the right, which the keeper did well to claw away.
However, it was leading scorer Hipperson who put Norwich ahead, lobbing the ball over the advancing keeper having been played through by Peverley’s headed pass.
You may also want to watch:
Hipperson took the score to 2-0 when her shot from the edge of the area bobbled its way past the unfortunate Taverham keeper and over the line. Peverley added another goal for Norwich just before half-time with a superb volley that screamed into the roof of the net.
Unlike some previous matches, Norwich didn’t take their foot off the gas after the break and created numerous chances; with one of these,
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
Hipperson grabbed her hat trick with a lob over the keeper from the edge of the area, having been played in by Gemma Farman.
Skipper Mel Kersey made it 5-0, out-jumping the Taverham defence to thump in a header from an in-swinging corner.
Fellow centre-back Fran Self nearly scored in similar fashion a few minutes later, only to see her glancing header saved at full stretch by the Taverham keeper.
However, Norwich were not to be denied for long and Peverley wrapped up the scoring with a rising shot from a difficult angle.
This was a much improved performance from Norwich, who showed what good football they are capable of on their day.
Bridie Hipperson was awarded Norwich ‘Player of the Match’ for her well=taken hat-trick; however, a special mention must go to the ever-improving Nic Sheldrake for an impressive display at right wing.