Hockering FC 3, Wensum Albion 5
Second hosted third in damp and windy conditions as Albion took on Hockering at CNS.
Albion got off to a great start when a speculative 30-yard volley by Seaman floated over the Hockering keeper to give the away side the lead. The lead lasted only one minute as Hockering equalised with an effort from inside the area.
Albion battled without really passing the ball as well as they had in previous weeks and were rewarded for their endeavour when a Jenner cross was fired in from close range by Seaman for his second of the game on 30 minutes. It was 2-2 before half time as Hockering midfielder was not closed down on the edge of the box and fired passed an unsighted Cooper.
The second half was a lot more open with both sides creating chances, Albion defending well against a Hockering attack with plenty of pace, Manser making some important interceptions. Seaman scored his hat-trick on the hour mark, poking the ball home from a Philo flick on.
Albion sub Chard then found himself on the scoresheet after another flick on from Philo, the left winger nodding in for his second of the season.
You may also want to watch:
The game looked dead and buried when Martin headed in a fifth for Albion from a Gorbould corner. Hockering pushed on and looked dangerous in the last 15 minutes pulling one back with ten to go but Albion held firm for a well fought victory.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit