Hockering FC 3, Wensum Albion 5
Second hosted third in damp and windy conditions as Albion took on Hockering at CNS.
Albion got off to a great start when a speculative 30-yard volley by Seaman floated over the Hockering keeper to give the away side the lead. The lead lasted only one minute as Hockering equalised with an effort from inside the area.
Albion battled without really passing the ball as well as they had in previous weeks and were rewarded for their endeavour when a Jenner cross was fired in from close range by Seaman for his second of the game on 30 minutes. It was 2-2 before half time as Hockering midfielder was not closed down on the edge of the box and fired passed an unsighted Cooper.
The second half was a lot more open with both sides creating chances, Albion defending well against a Hockering attack with plenty of pace, Manser making some important interceptions. Seaman scored his hat-trick on the hour mark, poking the ball home from a Philo flick on.
Albion sub Chard then found himself on the scoresheet after another flick on from Philo, the left winger nodding in for his second of the season.
You may also want to watch:
The game looked dead and buried when Martin headed in a fifth for Albion from a Gorbould corner. Hockering pushed on and looked dangerous in the last 15 minutes pulling one back with ten to go but Albion held firm for a well fought victory.
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 3 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 4 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 5 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Hanley a big fan of new City star
- 10 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams