Hockering Ladies secure promotion
Hockering Ladies played their final match of the 2010/2011 season on Sunday with promotion already in the bag.
After a shaky end to the 2009/2010 season, the remaining Hockering Ladies continued to build a friendly, united squad that was welcoming and accessible to all.
After a marathon recruitment drive during the summer of 2010 and change of coaching staff, pre-season training was looking really positive. This carried over to the start of the season with Hockering Ladies winning seven of their first nine games with the most impressive scoreline standing at 18-0.
The second half of the season was to be more of a battle for the ladies and the pressure of being top of the table for so long began to tell. But the strong team work ethic and positive attitude was buoyed with many outstanding debut performances coming from ladies with little or no previous experience.
The team pulled together and pulled the results out of the bag when it mattered the most.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies finished their season with a 3-0 win against a much improved and hard working Freethopre side followed by a few glasses of champagne to celebrate promotion to Division One.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol