Hockering Ladies secure promotion
Hockering Ladies played their final match of the 2010/2011 season on Sunday with promotion already in the bag.
After a shaky end to the 2009/2010 season, the remaining Hockering Ladies continued to build a friendly, united squad that was welcoming and accessible to all.
After a marathon recruitment drive during the summer of 2010 and change of coaching staff, pre-season training was looking really positive. This carried over to the start of the season with Hockering Ladies winning seven of their first nine games with the most impressive scoreline standing at 18-0.
The second half of the season was to be more of a battle for the ladies and the pressure of being top of the table for so long began to tell. But the strong team work ethic and positive attitude was buoyed with many outstanding debut performances coming from ladies with little or no previous experience.
The team pulled together and pulled the results out of the bag when it mattered the most.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies finished their season with a 3-0 win against a much improved and hard working Freethopre side followed by a few glasses of champagne to celebrate promotion to Division One.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression