Hooks hits hat-trick for Tangerines
Swaffham Town 1, Diss Town 4
Peter Hooks took his chance for a rare start due to an injury to Jordan Rocastle to snatch a hat-trick as Diss made it an impressive ten goals in their last two away games to keep up their promotion push at Shoemaker’s Lane.
Sam Bryant moved forward to create the first goal in the 15th minute. He played the ball forward to hooks to move into a position to beat Dean Mayes from an acute angle. There were few other clear cut chances in the first half.
Will O’Brien had a chance to equalise early in the second half but shot over. Luke Catchpole crossed in the 63rd minute for Dan Wynne to head in and make the score 2-0.
Hooks was proving to be a real handful and was only just high with one shot before he scored again in the 74th minute. He chased a through ball and made the angle difficult for Mayes to clear. The ball struck Hooks and he was able to put the loose ball in the net.
Scott Vout headed a centre in to pull a goal back in the 88th minute but there was still time for Hooks to complete his hat-trick in the first minute of added time. He raced on to a through ball with the home defence calling in vain for offside before he shot through the legs of the advancing Mayes.
Diss team: Matty Webster, Mark Shadrack, Stuart Garner, Stefan Gilding, Brendan Foley, Jon Abbott, George Watts-Sturrock, Luke Catchpole, Danny Wynne, Peter Hooks, Sam Bryant.
- 1 City Q&A - with Paddy Davitt and Connor Southwell
- 2 Terri Westgate: Norwich City finally have something to cling to... hope
- 3 Dilly Ding Dilly Gone - Ranieri sacked as Watford boss after City defeat
- 4 Gerrard lavishes praise on 'little warrior' Buendia
- 5 City striker frustrated but ready to battle if Baggies loan continues
- 6 Strange but rewarding return for Canaries midfielder
- 7 City loanee Onel proves a goalscoring talisman for Blues
- 8 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 9 'Out of this world' - Social media reacts to stunning Sargent strike
- 10 Zimbo returns as City U23s go second thanks to Kamara double
Diss subs: Steve Wright (for Bryant 88 mins), Damien Phelan (for Foley 90 + 1 mins), Jordan Rocastle and Andy Moody (for Wynne 88 mins).