Hooks hits hat-trick for Tangerines
Swaffham Town 1, Diss Town 4
Peter Hooks took his chance for a rare start due to an injury to Jordan Rocastle to snatch a hat-trick as Diss made it an impressive ten goals in their last two away games to keep up their promotion push at Shoemaker’s Lane.
Sam Bryant moved forward to create the first goal in the 15th minute. He played the ball forward to hooks to move into a position to beat Dean Mayes from an acute angle. There were few other clear cut chances in the first half.
Will O’Brien had a chance to equalise early in the second half but shot over. Luke Catchpole crossed in the 63rd minute for Dan Wynne to head in and make the score 2-0.
Hooks was proving to be a real handful and was only just high with one shot before he scored again in the 74th minute. He chased a through ball and made the angle difficult for Mayes to clear. The ball struck Hooks and he was able to put the loose ball in the net.
You may also want to watch:
Scott Vout headed a centre in to pull a goal back in the 88th minute but there was still time for Hooks to complete his hat-trick in the first minute of added time. He raced on to a through ball with the home defence calling in vain for offside before he shot through the legs of the advancing Mayes.
Diss team: Matty Webster, Mark Shadrack, Stuart Garner, Stefan Gilding, Brendan Foley, Jon Abbott, George Watts-Sturrock, Luke Catchpole, Danny Wynne, Peter Hooks, Sam Bryant.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
Diss subs: Steve Wright (for Bryant 88 mins), Damien Phelan (for Foley 90 + 1 mins), Jordan Rocastle and Andy Moody (for Wynne 88 mins).