Hoolahan and Stiepermann start for Canaries as Joe Garner returns for Ipswich
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke has made two changes to his starting line-up for today’s East Anglian derby clash at Portman Road.
Marco Stiepermann comes in for James Husband at left-back after shaking off his groin issue and Wes Hoolahan comes into midfield in place of Mario Vrancic for the Canaries.
The game will be Hoolahan’s 10th derby, having joined in 2008 and been part of five wins and four draws, scoring in the 4-1 win at Carrow Road in November 2010 and the 3-1 home play-off success in 2015.
Ipswich make three changes from the team which started their 1-0 loss at Sheffield United, switching to a 4-3-3 formation with Jordan Spence in at right-back, former Norwich man Tom Adeyemi into midfield in place of Grant Ward and striker Joe Garner returning up front, with Miles Kenlock dropping out.
Norwich: Gunn; Pinto (C), Zimmermann, Klose, Stiepermann; Reed, Trybull; Hoolahan, Maddison, Wildschut; Jerome. Subs: McGovern (GK), Husband, Vrancic, Oliveira, Murphy, Franke, Hanley.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich: Bialkowski; Spence, Chambers (C), Webster, Knudsen; Nydam, Adeyemi, Skuse; Waghorn, Garner, McGoldrick. Subs: Gerken (GK), Iorfa, Celina, Connolly, Ward, Sears, Downes.
City team news
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
Josh Murphy makes the bench after breaking his toe against Reading prior to the international break. Russell Martin was on duty for the Under-23s last night and is not considered. Steven Naismith (ankle) is targeting a return to first team training next week. Combative midfielder Alex Tettey (calf) is out. Marley Watkins serves the second of a three-game suspension. Alex Pritchard, Jamal Lewis, Louis Thompson and Matt Jarvis are all out long term.
Ipswich team news
City old boy Tom Adeyemi (hamstring) is back and Joe Garner (knee) has also returned, having scored four goals in 10 games this season.
Ipswich manager – Mick McCarthy
Longest-serving Championship manager now. One play-off place that ended in defeat to Norwich City in 2015 during a five-year stint at Portman Road. Previously guided Wolves and Sunderland to Championship promotion.
One to watch – David McGoldrick
Republic of Ireland international who has been touted with Premier League Leicester City in the past. Injury problems look to be behind him and the attacking midfielder has scored six goals in his first 11 appearances this season.
Referee – Tim Robinson (West Sussex)
Sent off Marley Watkins at Reading. Shown seven red and 43 yellow cards in 15 appointments this season.