Norwich City legend Hoolahan confirms Newcastle deal
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City legend Wes Hoolahan has signed for A-League side Newcastle Jets in Australia.
Hoolahan has agreed to a one-year deal, subject to a medical.
The 37-year-old spent last season with Championship side West Brom, but is best known for a decade at Carrow Road when he emerged as one of the club's all-time great players.
"It's always been a dream of mine to play abroad and I'm delighted that I'll be playing in Newcastle this season," Hoolahan said.
"There are some quality players throughout the league and I'm looking forward to testing myself in a new environment.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm really excited to be coming to Australia, it's an entirely new challenge for me and I can't wait to get started."
"Wes is a great get for us, he's keen to come out and play in the Hyundai A-League and we're confident he can bring a lot to the side," said Jets head coach Ernie Merrick.
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
"He's an attacking-minded midfielder who will fit seamlessly into the style of football we like to play, his passing range is superb and he's great with the ball at his feet.
"Wes' experience will be invaluable to us, from all reports he's a model professional and the type of player that our younger guys will learn a lot from."