Norwich City legend Hoolahan confirms Newcastle deal
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City legend Wes Hoolahan has signed for A-League side Newcastle Jets in Australia.
Hoolahan has agreed to a one-year deal, subject to a medical.
The 37-year-old spent last season with Championship side West Brom, but is best known for a decade at Carrow Road when he emerged as one of the club's all-time great players.
"It's always been a dream of mine to play abroad and I'm delighted that I'll be playing in Newcastle this season," Hoolahan said.
"There are some quality players throughout the league and I'm looking forward to testing myself in a new environment.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm really excited to be coming to Australia, it's an entirely new challenge for me and I can't wait to get started."
"Wes is a great get for us, he's keen to come out and play in the Hyundai A-League and we're confident he can bring a lot to the side," said Jets head coach Ernie Merrick.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 4 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 7 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 8 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
"He's an attacking-minded midfielder who will fit seamlessly into the style of football we like to play, his passing range is superb and he's great with the ball at his feet.
"Wes' experience will be invaluable to us, from all reports he's a model professional and the type of player that our younger guys will learn a lot from."