Norwich City legend Hoolahan confirms Newcastle deal
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City legend Wes Hoolahan has signed for A-League side Newcastle Jets in Australia.
Hoolahan has agreed to a one-year deal, subject to a medical.
The 37-year-old spent last season with Championship side West Brom, but is best known for a decade at Carrow Road when he emerged as one of the club's all-time great players.
"It's always been a dream of mine to play abroad and I'm delighted that I'll be playing in Newcastle this season," Hoolahan said.
"There are some quality players throughout the league and I'm looking forward to testing myself in a new environment.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm really excited to be coming to Australia, it's an entirely new challenge for me and I can't wait to get started."
"Wes is a great get for us, he's keen to come out and play in the Hyundai A-League and we're confident he can bring a lot to the side," said Jets head coach Ernie Merrick.
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 5 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
"He's an attacking-minded midfielder who will fit seamlessly into the style of football we like to play, his passing range is superb and he's great with the ball at his feet.
"Wes' experience will be invaluable to us, from all reports he's a model professional and the type of player that our younger guys will learn a lot from."