Huckerby big doubt for Watford trip
David Cuffley Darren Huckerby is rated a “massive doubt” for Norwich City's Championship trip to Watford on Tuesday night. Huckerby, back in the starting line-up for the past two matches, looks set to miss the game at Vicarage Road.
Darren Huckerby is rated a “massive doubt” for Norwich City's Championship trip to Watford tomorrow night.
Huckerby, back in the starting line-up for the past two matches, looks set to miss the game at Vicarage Road (7.45pm) because of a groin problem.
The 31-year-old forward carried the injury for much of Saturday's 2-1 home defeat by Blackpool.
You may also want to watch:
Said manager Glenn Roeder: “Darren Huckerby is a massive doubt with a groin injury that he said he sustained early in the game.
“So for our supporters, if they see he's not starting or even on the bench tomorrow night, it's because he's injured.”
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 7 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
Huckerby has been troubled by a hip problem for much of the season and had an injection after missing the home game against Leicester in January, but Roeder said his latest injury was a different one.
He said: “It's not the same, but it's in the same area of his body. There is a huge, huge doubt as to whether he's fit enough, even for the weekend at Coventry.”
Skipper Mark Fotheringham will be available despite suffering a cut head and being stretchered off against Blackpool.