Huckerby turns on style in eight-goal thriller
Miles Jermy Canary fans who have dreamt of seeing Darren Huckerby tearing down the wing in yellow and green once again had their wishes fulfilled last night when he turned out for a Norwich City Legends team at Yarmouth's Wellesley Road.
Canary fans who have dreamt of seeing Darren Huckerby tearing down the wing in yellow and green once again had their wishes fulfilled last night when he turned out for a Norwich City Legends team at Yarmouth's Wellesley Road.
Huckerby was part of a line-up of former Canaries stars including Dion Dublin, Jerry Goss, Ruel Fox, Craig Fleming and Chris Sutton in a match against a Yarmouth Legends XI.
And he did not disappoint a packed crowd of 2,500, scoring twice in a 4-4 draw.
You may also want to watch:
The match was organised by another former Canary great, Dale Gordon, who is now the Bloaters' director of football.
New Canaries boss Bryan Gunn, due to take part until his appointment to the Carrow Road hot-seat, was unable to play - but took a bow before the match.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 8 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 9 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 10 Farke's personal message to City fans
City fan Phillip Bird, who lives in Tenerife, paid his own air fare and put �500 into the charity pot to get a run out in the game.
Proceeds from the game, which was preceded by an under-9s match, go to help the cash-strapped coastal club.