Huckerby turns on style in eight-goal thriller
Miles Jermy Canary fans who have dreamt of seeing Darren Huckerby tearing down the wing in yellow and green once again had their wishes fulfilled last night when he turned out for a Norwich City Legends team at Yarmouth's Wellesley Road.
Canary fans who have dreamt of seeing Darren Huckerby tearing down the wing in yellow and green once again had their wishes fulfilled last night when he turned out for a Norwich City Legends team at Yarmouth's Wellesley Road.
Huckerby was part of a line-up of former Canaries stars including Dion Dublin, Jerry Goss, Ruel Fox, Craig Fleming and Chris Sutton in a match against a Yarmouth Legends XI.
And he did not disappoint a packed crowd of 2,500, scoring twice in a 4-4 draw.
The match was organised by another former Canary great, Dale Gordon, who is now the Bloaters' director of football.
New Canaries boss Bryan Gunn, due to take part until his appointment to the Carrow Road hot-seat, was unable to play - but took a bow before the match.
- 1 'We will bring players of the right standard' - City boss on missing link
- 2 'I wanted to stay' - Normann disappointed by City relegation
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on AFC Wimbledon winger
- 4 Aarons an ideal fit for Man United - Rio
- 5 Former City keeper set to leave Wolves
- 6 Lee Payne: The tricky question Norwich City fans must face up to
- 7 McLean hammer blow for Scots' World Cup bid
- 8 Mulbarton Wanderers win Norfolk Senior Cup final
- 9 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 10 'Diabolical from day one' - Fans react to a woeful end to a woeful season for City
City fan Phillip Bird, who lives in Tenerife, paid his own air fare and put �500 into the charity pot to get a run out in the game.
Proceeds from the game, which was preceded by an under-9s match, go to help the cash-strapped coastal club.