Huckle hat-trick in vain as DE FC bow out after Windmill take honours
- Credit: Archant
DE FC saw their dreams of playing in a Carrow Rd final shattered by a goal deep into stoppage time by opponents Windmill FC of Yarmouth in a thrilling Sunday Senior Cup semi final at Beaconsfield.
The home side took an early lead when Connor Ingram fired home from close range, but DE hit back to go in front thanks to a penalty and a 20-yard strike from Xavier Huckle.
The home side though restored parity, also from the spot as Chad Pillar scored and that’s how the scores remained until deep into the second period.
Good work from Nick Holyoak and Fionn Goodwin-Wright set Huxtable up for his hat trick but the home side levelled again almost immediately with a cracking strike from Aaron Huggins.
As the game moved into stoppage time and with most in the large crowd expecting another half an hour, Chad Pillar popped up to grab his second and the winner to break the hearts of the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
An excellent game of football and great performance from DE, but good luck to Windmill in the final.
The Intermediate Cup Final will be an all Norwich League affair. A second half penalty from Callum Speck gave Hewett OB’s a deserved 1-0 win at Windmill FC Res, whilst North Walsham romped into the final after scoring seven without reply at Hellesdon. The final takes place at The FDC on March 31.
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make bid for Peterborough ace
- 3 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He came crying' - Former coach details Giannoulis left-back conversion
- 7 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 8 'There isn't one team that stands out' - Bees' boss on promotion fight
- 9 Connor Southwell: Sorting Todd’s contract is City’s next big mission
- 10 Boro set to sign Premier League forward ahead of Norwich trip
Drayton Dazzlers will play Rockland United U19s in the Junior Cup Final on March 24. Dazzlers progressed after a hard fought 3-2 victory over Aylsham U19s whilst Rockland overcame Cringleford by the same score. Good luck to all of our sides in the finals.
With leaders DE FC involved in cup action, Riverside Rovers took the chance to close the gap at the top to three points as they gained revenge for their surprise cup defeat a couple of weeks ago at the same venue.
Jordan Rocastle hit four and Jason Armes was also on target in the 5-1 victory.
Acle Rangers remain level on points with Riverside having played one game more as they won 3-0 at Farmhouse, whilst a goal in the last five minutes was enough for Horsford United to beat Bungay Town 1-0.