Hucks' omission 'down to tactics'
David Cuffley Double player of the year Darren Huckerby's absence from the travelling party for City's match at Leicester was simply a case of not being picked, manager Glenn Roeder admitted after the 4-0 defeat.
Double player of the year Darren Huckerby's absence from the travelling party for City's match at Leicester was simply a case of not being picked, manager Glenn Roeder admitted after the 4-0 defeat.
With on-loan Ryan Bertrand ruled out after being taken ill overnight, Roeder gave another 18-year-old, Reading winger James Henry, his first full appearance for the Canaries.
Apart from the two FA Cup games against Bury, Huckerby has not started a first team match since December 29. His agent has said he will be leaving the club in the summer. Some fans claim to have seen him supermarket shopping on the outskirts of Norwich on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
But with three men suspended for the visit of Barnsley next Saturday, 31-year-old Huckerby is an obvious option for a recall.
“He wasn't included in this squad. He's fit at the moment. We'll see how our training goes this week for him and the rest of the squad,” said Roeder.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression