‘Hucks is a legend - we miss you!’ - Bizarre tribute to City legend spotted at Ally Pally
- Credit: PA
A bizarre tribute to Norwich City legend Darren Huckerby was spotted at Ally Pally last night.
The sign was spotted as Fallon Sherrock became the first ever female player to win a match at the PDC World Championship, recording a 3-2 victory over Ted Evetts.
The 25-year-old was cheered on by a partisan crowd as she came from behind to make history at Alexandra Palace.
However, as Sherrock began her walk to the oche, a City related sign was captured behind her, reading 'Hucks is a legend - we miss you!'.
Huckerby made 203 appearances for City over a five-year period, scoring 48 goals. His time with the Canaries ended sourly, with ex-City boss Glenn Roeder releasing him at the end of the 2007/08 season.
You may also want to watch:
Huckerby moved to the United States, where he played until he retired.
City have history of these signs emerging on social media, after a picture of ex-Canaries midfielder Bradley Johnson holding a sign that read 'Barton, your breath stinks' was posted on social media.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
That sign emerged after City played QPR back in 2011, where a flashpoint between Joey Barton and Bradley Johnson saw the Rangers midfielder sent off.