‘Hucks is a legend - we miss you!’ - Bizarre tribute to City legend spotted at Ally Pally
- Credit: PA
A bizarre tribute to Norwich City legend Darren Huckerby was spotted at Ally Pally last night.
The sign was spotted as Fallon Sherrock became the first ever female player to win a match at the PDC World Championship, recording a 3-2 victory over Ted Evetts.
The 25-year-old was cheered on by a partisan crowd as she came from behind to make history at Alexandra Palace.
However, as Sherrock began her walk to the oche, a City related sign was captured behind her, reading 'Hucks is a legend - we miss you!'.
Huckerby made 203 appearances for City over a five-year period, scoring 48 goals. His time with the Canaries ended sourly, with ex-City boss Glenn Roeder releasing him at the end of the 2007/08 season.
You may also want to watch:
Huckerby moved to the United States, where he played until he retired.
City have history of these signs emerging on social media, after a picture of ex-Canaries midfielder Bradley Johnson holding a sign that read 'Barton, your breath stinks' was posted on social media.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
That sign emerged after City played QPR back in 2011, where a flashpoint between Joey Barton and Bradley Johnson saw the Rangers midfielder sent off.