‘A foundation to build upon’ - City’s win greeted with delight by supporters
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
When Adam Idah’s shot hit the back of the net, the relief from Norwich City’s supporters was palpable - even with the game being played behind closed doors.
For the Irishman, the goal caps off a tremendous start to the season after he made his international debut during the recent break.
Daniel Farke will be fully aware of the gruelling nature of the 46-game season in the Championship - but for the Canaries to kick-start their season with a victory and a clean sheet will have left him smiling.
It was a tricky encounter, Huddersfield were content with a draw but City striker Teemu Pukki pounced upon a mistake by former Ipswich Town defender Richard Stearman to square for Idah who gleefully smashed the ball home.
City believe they should have been awarded two penalties in the game, with Farke left raging after a handball incident in the first-half. Replays suggested Ben Godfrey’s header from Xavi Quintilla’s corner did strike the arm of a Terrier defender.
You may also want to watch:
Max Aarons believed he was fouled in the area in the second-half but referee Geoff Eltringham waved away the Canaries protests. Alas, City did see out the fixture to claim their first victory of the new season.
- Read the thoughts of City supporters above and below
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 5 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland