STARTING XIs: Nine changes for City at Huddersfield
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke has made nine changes to his starting XI for today’s Championship opener at Huddersfield, with three of Norwich City’s new players starting.
Left-back Xavi Quintilla, Tottenham loan midfielder Oliver Skipp and former Everton midfielder Kieran Dowell start.
Dowell and Christoph Zimmermann are the only players who started at Luton last Saturday, with the likes of Tim Krul, Max Aarons and Teemu Pukki all returning.
The Canaries welcome back the 13 players who were unavailable for last weekend’s 3-1 defeat at Luton in the League Cup first round but are still without Emi Buendia as he completes his suspension.
Grant Hanley and Sam Byram are still recovering from injuries and youngster Josh Martin misses out with a calf injury, while Mo Leitner, Tom Trybull and Josip Drmic are looking for new clubs after being left out of Daniel Farke’s plans.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts started their season with a 1-0 home defeat to League One side Rochdale last Saturday in the League Cup.
The Terriers only finished three points above the relegation places in their first season since relegation from the Premier League and have brought in Carlos Corberan as manager, from Marcelo Bielsa’s coaching staff at Leeds.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 3 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 6 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 8 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
Huddersfield make four changes, with their big summer signing, striker Danny Ward, not involved but former Norwich players Alex Pritchard and Harry Toffolo both starting.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Quintilla; Skipp, McLean; Dowell, Cantwell, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Gibson, Tettey, Rupp, Placheta, Hugill, Idah
HUDDERSFIELD (4-2-3-1): Hamer; Pipa, Stearman, Schindler (C), Toffolo; Jackson, Hogg; Bacuna, Pritchard, Diakhaby; Koroma. Subs: Pereira (GK), Mbenza, Campbell, Crichlow, Brown, Rowe, Edmonds-Green
REFEREE: Geoff Eltringham