STARTING XIs: Nine changes for City at Huddersfield
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke has made nine changes to his starting XI for today’s Championship opener at Huddersfield, with three of Norwich City’s new players starting.
Left-back Xavi Quintilla, Tottenham loan midfielder Oliver Skipp and former Everton midfielder Kieran Dowell start.
Dowell and Christoph Zimmermann are the only players who started at Luton last Saturday, with the likes of Tim Krul, Max Aarons and Teemu Pukki all returning.
The Canaries welcome back the 13 players who were unavailable for last weekend’s 3-1 defeat at Luton in the League Cup first round but are still without Emi Buendia as he completes his suspension.
Grant Hanley and Sam Byram are still recovering from injuries and youngster Josh Martin misses out with a calf injury, while Mo Leitner, Tom Trybull and Josip Drmic are looking for new clubs after being left out of Daniel Farke’s plans.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts started their season with a 1-0 home defeat to League One side Rochdale last Saturday in the League Cup.
The Terriers only finished three points above the relegation places in their first season since relegation from the Premier League and have brought in Carlos Corberan as manager, from Marcelo Bielsa’s coaching staff at Leeds.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 2 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 3 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 4 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 5 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 7 Pukki injury emphasises Norwich City’s need for another striker
- 8 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
- 9 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 10 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
Huddersfield make four changes, with their big summer signing, striker Danny Ward, not involved but former Norwich players Alex Pritchard and Harry Toffolo both starting.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Quintilla; Skipp, McLean; Dowell, Cantwell, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Gibson, Tettey, Rupp, Placheta, Hugill, Idah
HUDDERSFIELD (4-2-3-1): Hamer; Pipa, Stearman, Schindler (C), Toffolo; Jackson, Hogg; Bacuna, Pritchard, Diakhaby; Koroma. Subs: Pereira (GK), Mbenza, Campbell, Crichlow, Brown, Rowe, Edmonds-Green
REFEREE: Geoff Eltringham