Hugill to follow in City greats footsteps with squad number
- Credit: Norwich City FC
New Norwich City signing Jordan Hugill has been handed the number nine shirt for the upcoming season.
The 28-year-old was confirmed as a City player on Monday, completing his move from Premier League side West Ham United for an undisclosed fee.
Hugill has put pen to paper on a three-year deal at Carrow Road and trained for the first time with his new teammates on Tuesday morning.
City have had some iconic number nines throughout the years, including Grant Holt, Iwan Roberts, Dion Dublin, Justin Fashanu and numerous others.
Chris Sutton, Mark Robins and Robert Fleck has also had the number nine emblazoned on the back of their yellow and green shirts in recent history.
You may also want to watch:
The last player to hold the number was Nelson Oliveira - who inherited it from loan player Dieumerci Mbokani after City’s relegation from the Premier League.
Club record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel also held the number after joining from Sporting Lisbon in 2013, but he failed to create a goalscoring legacy in Norfolk.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 8 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
Loanee Dean Marney, Chris Killen and Kyle Lafferty are some of the less memorable City number nines.
Norwich City number nines
Jordan Hugill (20/21) Nelson Oliveira (16/17 - 17/18), Dieumerci Mbokani (15/16), Kyle Lafferty (14/15), Ricky van Wolfswinkel (13/14), Grant Holt (09/10 - 12/13), Chris Killen (08/09), Dion Dublin (07/08), Dean Marney (05/06), Mattias Jonson (04/05), Iwan Roberts (00/01 - 03/04)
Mark Robins (94/95), Gary Megson (93/94 - 94/95), Chris Sutton (93/94), Rob Newman (91/92), Ruel Fox (91/92), Darren Beckford (91/92), Tim Sherwood (90/91), Robert Rosario (86/87 - 89/90), Malcolm Allen (88/89), Robert Fleck (87/88)
David Hodgson (86/87), Wayne Biggins (85/86), John Deehan (82/83 - 84/85), Louie Donowa (83/84), Joe Royle (80/81), Justin Fashanu (78/79 - 79/80), Dave Robb (78/79)
Richard Symonds (78/79), Roger Gibbins (76/77 - 77/78), Viv Busby (76/77), Phil Boyer (75/76), David Cross (72/73 - 73/74), Colin Suggett (73/74), Max Briggs (72/73)