“I’m loving Angus Gunn already!” – Norwich City fans react to narrow victory over Swindon Town in first round of Carabao Cup
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have been discussing seeing their team make hard work of knocking out League Two side Swindon in the first round of the Carabao Cup.
City fell behind in head coach Daniel Farke’s first competitive Carrow Road fixture when Robins skipper Olly Lancashire nodded home a free-kick in the 25th minute.
The lead didn’t last long though as Maddison squeezed a low pass through to Cameron Jerome less than two minutes later, with the striker firing home his first goal of the season from 10 yards.
It then became a story of master and apprentice as the experienced Wes Hoolahan was teed up by Maddison to lash into the top-left corner in the 39th minute. The Irishman then returned the favour and set up 20-year-old Maddison, who fired low across the keeper from 12 yards to put the hosts in the driving seat.
More poor defensive work from a free-kick saw Paul Mullin head home in the 62nd minute to give the Robins hope and Angus Gunn had to make three fine saves to steer City into the second round, the draw for which is made on Thursday night.
You may also want to watch:
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
• Follow post-match updates from Carrow Road in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies