Impressive start to campaign for Waveney
Waveney Wanderers Ladies have made an impressive start to their first season as an adult team lying in fouth position in the KBB Suffolk Girls and Women’s League having gone up from youth football and an average age of 17 years.
The team would like to thank their sponsors Alpha Group from Manningtree in Essex for their great support, company director Jo Lambert pictured with the team.
In their latest match Waveney Wanderers Ladies played Brantham Athletic and won 3-1. Initially the match was even with neither team creating significant chances.
After 18 mintes Brantham took the lead after a corner. Shortly after H.Jary had to produce an incredible save.
Out of the blue Waveney equalised after 37 minutes after a break through M Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Waveney dominated the match. J Szyszlyk, K Hodgson and M Anderson set up good chances for L Muffett and J Langer.
It took nevertheless until the 65th minute when S Crane held her nerves to convert a penalty.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 9 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 10 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
The same player doubled the lead after 76 minutes after another fast counter attack.
The defenders A Wilson, Z Batty, M Eaton and K Lambert were a rock solid and Waveney secured a deserved win.
Final score: Waveney Wanderers Ladies 3, Brantham Athletic 1.