Injuries hamper Thorne's quest for goals
Lack of fitness is holding Peter Thorne back in his quest to finally get among the goals at Carrow Road. Thorne has been hampered by a series of injuries since his free transfer from Cardiff in the summer of 2005, limiting him to just 16 league and cup starts - and just two goals.
Lack of fitness is holding Peter Thorne back in his quest to finally get among the goals at Carrow Road.
Thorne has been hampered by a series of injuries since his free transfer from Cardiff in the summer of 2005, limiting him to just 16 league and cup starts - and just two goals.
However, Grant insists the 33-year-old is getting closer to rediscovering the form which made him such a lethal force at Cardiff and Stoke.
“He is getting training in now and he is getting his 90 minutes in,” said Grant. “He is getting there, slowly but surely.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a difficult one to come back after a lengthy period with the amount of injuries he has had. I didn't realise how many injuries he has had since he came here. Obviously when I came here first it was the ribs.”
Thorne has yet to score under Grant, but the City is happy to see a player who is vital if he is to play his preferred 4-4-2 formation.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 7 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 8 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
- 9 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 10 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
“I am delighted for him,” said Grant. “He has worked hard to get in. He is a terrific pro, you can't ask for any more than that and hopefully he will get his just rewards.
“He had a couple of chances on Saturday and I think sometimes with that fitness round and about you they're chances he would have taken, there is no doubt about that.
“Once he gets fit I am sure he will be more than ready to fire for 90 minutes.”