Injury list starts to mount for Grant
Midfield pair Dickson Etuhu and Carl Robinson are the latest additions to the Norwich City casualty list ahead of Saturday's trip to Sunderland. Both players are rated only 50-50 for the Championship match at the Stadium of Light - Etuhu with a sore foot and Robinson with a calf problem.
Midfield pair Dickson Etuhu and Carl Robinson are the latest additions to the Norwich City casualty list ahead of Saturday's trip to Sunderland.
Both players are rated only 50-50 for the Championship match at the Stadium of Light - Etuhu with a sore foot and Robinson with a calf problem. Neither player was training today.
It adds up to something of an injury crisis for manager Peter Grant, who also has doubts about skipper Adam Drury and striker Peter Thorne.
Drury is rated 60-40 against with a back problem which forced him off early in Tuesday's win over Leicester, while Grant is concerned about risking Thorne, still struggling with a thigh strain, for the second time in five days.
You may also want to watch:
Grant said: “Dickson has a very uncomfortable foot. I don't know if it was a kick or a stamp or whatever but it just seemed to flare up yesterday and he's been in for treatment the last two days.
“Robbo has got a knock on his calf and we'll just have to see how they are.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 5 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 6 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 7 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 8 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
“I would say Adam has a chance of playing because of the fact he came off as early as he did.”
Central defenders Gary Doherty (ankle) and Craig Fleming (hamstring) are definitely unavailable, although Fleming is back in training.
There was brighter news today on goalkeeper Paul Gallacher, who may be fit sooner than expected.
Gallacher missed the Leicester game with ankle ligament damage but could be back in time for the trip to Southampton on December 16.
Said Grant: “He's a lot better than expected and if he's not ready a week on Saturday, it could be the week after. It's not as bad as we first feared.”
Looking ahead to the Sunderland match, just four weeks after City beat them 1-0 at Carrow Road, Grant admitted: “I'll be counting the walking wounded today and we'll just have to take it from there and see who's available.”