Inter League Cup interest ends in first round for Anglian Combination
- Credit: PA
The Anglian Combination representative squad took centre stage, which resulted in a reduced senior program, but this year’s Inter League Cup campaign began and ended in the first round as the Amateur Combination ran out 5-0 winners.
Two goals from Craig Jones as well as strikes from Emanuel Shoderu, Stuart Holt and an own goal saw the visitors lead 5-0 at half-time. The scoreline was somewhat misleading as the Anglian Combination side had plenty of chances, but wastefulness and an inspired visiting goalkeeper kept their goal intact.
There were four games in the Premier Division. Beccles had a good 5-1 win at home to Long Stratton. A hat-trick from Rob Bishop was added to by strikes from Billy Shaw and Neil Hurren. Matt Nichols got Stratton’s goal.
Blofield and Reepham played out a 1-1 draw at Old Yarmouth Road. Jack Robinson scored for the home side with Tim Edwards replying.
Stalham won their first game in five as they came home from Waveney with a 3-2 win. Ritchie High and Tom Sampson got the goals for Waveney, but a hat-trick from Daniel Cairnish gave Stalham the points.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham Reserves saw their recent good run abruptly ended as they lost 6-1 at home to Mattishall. Xavier Huckle (2), Jackson Ramm, Tom Hill and Jordan Copsey got the away goals with Shaun Taylor getting Wroxham’s consolation.
In Division One, Attleborough led 3-0 at home against Bungay through goals from Dan Whitman, Jamie Venables and Jack Flynn before two penalties from Shaun Whiteman gave Bungay a chance late in the game, but Boro held on for the win.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
UEA’s recent revival continued as they won 3-0 at Aylsham, Brian Swift (2) and Tyrell Benjamin getting the goals.
Hindringham fell to a 4-1 home defeat against Mundford after a goalless first half. Stuart Broughton scored the home side’s goal, but strikes from James Miller, Ben Coe, Tommy Stevens and an own goal gave Mundford the win.
Hoveton got back to winning ways with a 6-2 win at home to Loddon. Larry Hare (2), Billy Cunningham, Aaron Hyland, Jamie Wright and an own goal did the trick. Goals from Jake Rose and A Wright weren’t enough for Loddon.
Kirkley got their second win of the season, crushing basement side Cromer 7-1. Hat-tricks for Kyle Baker and Brad Caroll were added to by Kaiden Goldspink. Gil Beneto scored for Cromer.
Yelverton are still searching for their first league win since being promoted after slipping to a 2-1 home defeat against Scole. Tom Pitchell scored for the hosts but two goals for Chris Collins were enough for Scole.