Interview with County 5ives regular Andy Bennett
- Credit: Archant
Andy Bennett, who has been playing County 5IVES for 11 years, took time to explain what it is that makes him play within our leagues season upon season.
1. How often do you play within the County 5IVES leagues at the FDC and in what format?
I run two teams at the County 5ives, and we play five-a-side on a Monday evening, and a seven-a-side on a Thursday.
2. What made you want to start playing Small Sided Football?
Great for fitness, and we have players of various ages in our team, so it is also easy to fit in with work and family commitments.
You may also want to watch:
3. How long have you been playing Small Sided Football?
I have now been playing five-a-side and seven-a-side for 11 years.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 5 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 6 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 9 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 10 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
4. What do you enjoy most about the County 5IVES leagues at the FDC?
The county 5ives leagues are run very professionally, and the team who run the venue are very friendly, the games are also played in a competitive but enjoyable way.
5. To date what has been your most memorable County 5IVES experience?
We have one a few leagues and cups in the past, which are always memorable, however not sure we will see that anytime soon as our average age is now 35!
6. Would you recommend Norfolk FA’s County 5IVES leagues to a team potentially thinking of joining?
I would absolutely recommend county 5ives as the place to play small sided football, the venue and pitches are by far the best set up you will see, and the staff are always happy to advice and help.
• We are always on the lookout for new teams to join our ever expanding leagues. If you are interested in entering a side or would like to know more about our County 5IVES leagues please call the FDC on 01603 748944, e-mail County5IVES@NorfolkFA.com or visit www.County5IVES.com