Ipswich skipper bites back at Norwich striker’s ‘better club’ jibe
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ipswich skipper Luke Chambers has hit back at Nelson Oliveira’s comments that Norwich City are ‘a better club’ than their East Anglian rivals.
As Sunday’s battle at Portman Road moves ever closer, Chambers has bitten back at the Canaries striker, who also said City ‘have better players’ than their arch rivals.
“These are all comments that you take with a pinch of salt but I’m sure there will be a few words exchanged on Sunday and it’s a battle that we’re definitely looking forward to,” the defender said on a video posted on Town’s official Twitter account.
“The type of person who said it, you can’t really take too much that comes out of their mouth (seriously). They’re obviously not very well educated on the fact that I think there’s three stars above the Ipswich crest on our shirt.
“It’s something that adds a little bit extra, but knowing the guy and playing against him numerous times, he’s always got a lot to say for himself. We’ll look forward to it on Sunday.”
You may also want to watch:
• Watch the video of Chambers’ response above
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 3 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 4 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 5 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 10 Hanley a big fan of new City star