Ipswich skipper bites back at Norwich striker’s ‘better club’ jibe
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ipswich skipper Luke Chambers has hit back at Nelson Oliveira’s comments that Norwich City are ‘a better club’ than their East Anglian rivals.
As Sunday’s battle at Portman Road moves ever closer, Chambers has bitten back at the Canaries striker, who also said City ‘have better players’ than their arch rivals.
“These are all comments that you take with a pinch of salt but I’m sure there will be a few words exchanged on Sunday and it’s a battle that we’re definitely looking forward to,” the defender said on a video posted on Town’s official Twitter account.
“The type of person who said it, you can’t really take too much that comes out of their mouth (seriously). They’re obviously not very well educated on the fact that I think there’s three stars above the Ipswich crest on our shirt.
“It’s something that adds a little bit extra, but knowing the guy and playing against him numerous times, he’s always got a lot to say for himself. We’ll look forward to it on Sunday.”
You may also want to watch:
• Watch the video of Chambers’ response above
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 9 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 10 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit