Is football the same on Planet Allman?
Tim Allman, Capital Canaries I watch football from my own little bubble on my own little planet. I have my own view of the game, which on occasions others agree with. Sometimes I am wrong, my prediction is way off beam, or I have completely mis-read the situation.
Tim Allman, Capital Canaries
I watch football from my own little bubble on my own little planet. I have my own view of the game, which on occasions others agree with.
Sometimes I am wrong, my prediction is way off beam, or I have completely mis-read the situation. So how many out of 10 do I score?
1. David James was unlucky with the penalty he gave away for England. Yes he didn't get there, but he stopped, steadied himself and got clattered. I'm a little confused how a seemingly stationary James, once he knew he wasn't going to get the ball, could do anything else.
You may also want to watch:
2. If Fabio Capello is going to ask the players to line up in a 4-6-0 formation, he could at least have the decency to let us fans know.
3. If Stewart Downing is good enough to play for England so is Robert Eagle. At least our Rob can cross a ball.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 3 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 4 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 7 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
4. Lucy, my wife, calls all Newcastle fans Zebras, laughs at their plight, and predicted their fall into mediocrity when Keegan took over. They finally got a win which coincided with our beating of Colchester. I predict if they stay up so will we.
5. A big thank you is due to Steve Bennett. For those with long memories, he is the referee who ruined the game when we lost at home to Watford in the Championship Season. But he redeemed himself as he provided me with one of the funniest moments of the season when as he sent off Javier Mascherano.
6. Can we please have some praise for Jamie Cureton? He's had a tough season, been in and out of the team, but has still managed fourteen goals this term.
7. After the story in early March about the 18,300 season tickets Norwich had shifted, it's all gone very quiet at the moment on the renewals. Anyone know about the missing 1,700?
8. Now that Joe Lewis has gone to Peterborough, hands up if you look at their results, see he's kept another clean sheet and think that we are going to regret selling him. We're lucky to have a keeper of the stature of David Marshall, but it is only a question of when, and not if Joe will overtake him as the better keeper.
9. We only appreciate things when they are gone, part one. Chris Goreham, surely destined for national radio at some time in the future is an excellent commentator, loves the club, and his job. So it was a surprise when I saw some message board criticism of him this week.
10. We only appreciate things when they are gone, part two. Does anyone else have a bad feeling that it will all end in tears with Glenn Roeder and Norwich? When I see articles from Messrs Gedge, Balls and Aitken writing about matters NCFC that I am also concerned about I do start to worry.
I hope my worry is misplaced.