“It’s been a super September!” – Norwich City fans thrilled as win at Reading stretches unbeaten run to seven games
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Winning a fourth away game on the bounce has left Norwich City fans signing from the rooftops about Daniel Farke’s determined team this evening.
Beating the Royals 2-1 at the Madejski Stadium – in front of a national audience in a televised Sky Sports clash – has extended the Canaries’ unbeaten run to seven matches.
Having gone in to the last international break on the back of two heavy defeats at Aston Villa and Millwall, Farke has masterminded an incredible turnaround, going into the next two-week break.
Five wins and two draws in seven games, one being a 3-1 win at Brentford in the Carabao Cup, and conceding just two goals in the process has truly made for a superb September.
James Maddison’s fantastic free-kick was cancelled out by the Royals in the first half but Cameron Jerome’s thumping header early in the second half earned the win for the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 6 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push