Pompey boss confirms interest in City defender
- Credit: James Wilson/Focus Images Ltd
Portsmouth boss Kenny Jackett has expressed his desire to keep Norwich City defender Sean Raggett at the club on a permanent basis.
The 26-year-old has spent the season on loan at Fratton Park, playing an influential role in Pompey reaching the play-offs after their season was curtailed last week.
Despite a slow start as he continued to get up to full match fitness following a broken ankle last season, Raggett has flourished alongside Christian Burgess in defence.
Raggett’s contract is set to expire at the end of the season, but City do possess a clause which, if triggered, allows them to extend the deal by a further year.
Ahead of Pompey’s League One play-off semi-final against Oxford United, Jackett has made his interest in City’s defender public.
You may also want to watch:
‘We would be interested in keeping Sean here,” Jackett admitted.
“Raggett and Burgess has been a good centre-back partnership for me. Our win rate when those two have been available has been very good.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 4 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
“Sean arrived off the back of not playing much the season before. As the games have come for him then he’s got better and that is understandable,” he told Portsmouth News.
“He broke his ankle the season before last and took a little while to get into his rhythm.”