James Maddison has a perfect home with Norwich City – Simeon Jackson
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City is the perfect environment for James Maddison to flourish.
That’s the verdict of former Canaries striker Simeon Jackson, who watched the youngster burst on the scene at Coventry before earning his move to Carrow Road.
Maddison has been Norwich’s outstanding performer so far this season, prompting some to wonder just how long City can hold on to the 20-year-old.
However, Jackson, who played alongside Maddison during his time at the Ricoh Arena, believes the playmaker is right where he needs to be.
“Madders is growing and maturing as a player and I think Norwich is the perfect place for him to continue to do that.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s definitely one to look out for as his career progresses but it’s great for him now to have someone like Wes Hoolahan to learn from. I remember him coming into the team (at Coventry) at 16 or 17. He’s someone that can go to the very top.”
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 9 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 10 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City