Jarrolds 2, Wensum Albion 1
Albion travelled to Jarrolds for the first meeting of the two sides this season. Always an entertaining affair it was Albion who pushed on from the start with Leeper linking up the early play.
Albion created some decent chances in the first half and both Littleboy and Philo seeing headers go close, Leeper also firing a low shot wide of the post. Despite the pressure Jarrolds took the lead when a speculative but well hit 40-yard effort from their winger caught the wind and looped over Albion keeper Hales.
The away side were fortunate to double their lead before half-time when a tame shot found its way in to the net despite the efforts of Taylor to clear.
Still in the game, Albion again came out fighting in the second half and pulled a goal back on the hour mark when a Leeper shot fell to Martin who fired home at the second time of asking.
Further chances fell to Martin who hit the woodwork twice with headers whilst late on Taylor saw his close range effort well saved by the Jarrolds keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Albion were disappointed not to take something from a game in which for large parts they dominated but will take many positives in to the cup game next week.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill