Jarrolds continue unbeaten run
WENSUM ALBION 1, JARROLDS 3: With both teams relegated from Division 1 last season it was a familiar fixture as Albion hosted unbeaten Jarrolds at Thorpe High School.
Albion took a deserved lead midway through the half when a jinking run by Gorbould released Den Slowther in the area who calmly slotted the ball into the corner of the net for his first and most probably last goal of the season.
Solid defending meant any pressure Jarrolds applied was effectively dealt with by Philo and Jarrett as Albion maintained the lead going into the break.
Within a minute of the restart Albion were made to pay for allowing a Jarrolds midfielder time and space to cross the ball where after a goalmouth scramble the ball was fired home from close range.
At the other end Gorbould had two good chances to score firstly firing at the ‘keeper before lifting a shot high over the bar.
A penalty shout for Albion when a Jarrolds player handled on the line wasn’t given as Albion’s luck seemed to be running out.
Jarrolds took the lead on 70 minutes and as Albion pushed on looking for an equaliser scored their third with a looping shot over advancing ‘keeper Hales.
- 1 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 2 Smith searching for a Pukki support cast
- 3 How much is Teemu Pukki worth to Norwich City?
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on AFC Wimbledon winger
- 5 Chris Sutton: What do City fans prefer - the Premier League or the Championship?
- 6 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 7 Aarons called up by England under-21s
- 8 Former City keeper set to leave Wolves
- 9 McLean hammer blow for Scots' World Cup bid
- 10 David Hannant: A barrel-scraping end of season highlight reel
Albion, disappointed not to take at least a point from the match will be looking forward to the return fixture hoping for a little more luck.