Jarrolds continue unbeaten run
WENSUM ALBION 1, JARROLDS 3: With both teams relegated from Division 1 last season it was a familiar fixture as Albion hosted unbeaten Jarrolds at Thorpe High School.
Albion took a deserved lead midway through the half when a jinking run by Gorbould released Den Slowther in the area who calmly slotted the ball into the corner of the net for his first and most probably last goal of the season.
Solid defending meant any pressure Jarrolds applied was effectively dealt with by Philo and Jarrett as Albion maintained the lead going into the break.
Within a minute of the restart Albion were made to pay for allowing a Jarrolds midfielder time and space to cross the ball where after a goalmouth scramble the ball was fired home from close range.
At the other end Gorbould had two good chances to score firstly firing at the ‘keeper before lifting a shot high over the bar.
You may also want to watch:
A penalty shout for Albion when a Jarrolds player handled on the line wasn’t given as Albion’s luck seemed to be running out.
Jarrolds took the lead on 70 minutes and as Albion pushed on looking for an equaliser scored their third with a looping shot over advancing ‘keeper Hales.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 How to claim a free Norwich City sticker book
Albion, disappointed not to take at least a point from the match will be looking forward to the return fixture hoping for a little more luck.