Born: Liverpool (March 23, 1983)
Height: 5ft, 10in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 12st, 7lbs.
Date signed: July 1, 2007
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling
Signed from: Crewe, Free
Contract: June 2010
City debut: v Preston A (August 11, 2007)
Former clubs: Liverpool, Hull City (loan), Bolton Wanderers (loan), Rotherham United, Crewe Alexandra
International honours: England U21
Season 2008/09 apps: 40 Goals: 0
Norwich City apps: 87 Goals: 1
Liverpool (02-05): 6 starts, plus 0 as sub, 0 goals.
Hull (03, loan): 8 starts, plus 1 as sub, 3 goals.
Bolton (04, loan): 1 starts, plus 0 as sub, 0 goals.
Rotherham (05-06): 7 starts, plus 7 as sub, 1 goals.
Crewe (06-07): 65 starts, plus 0 as sub, 1 goals.
Total: 87 starts, plus 8 as sub, 5 goals.
Jon began his career with Premier League giants Liverpool and progressed through the youth and reserve ranks to make four league appearances for the Anfield club. An attacking right-back, he was named in the League One team of the season during his final campaign with the Railwaymen.
With his contract expiring he attracted a lot of interest from a host of Championship clubs and joined Norwich City in the summer of 2007 on a free transfer.
With great pace and physical strength, the past two seasons have seen Jon develop his forward play and support the City attack. Fans will be hoping to see more of Jon as an attacking force in 2009-10 and for him to add to his single goal in Canary colours.