Born: Liverpool (March 23, 1983)
Height: 5ft, 10in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 12st, 7lbs.
Date signed: July 1, 2007
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
Signed from: Crewe, Free
Contract: June 2010
City debut: v Preston A (August 11, 2007)
Former clubs: Liverpool, Hull City (loan), Bolton Wanderers (loan), Rotherham United, Crewe Alexandra
International honours: England U21
Season 2008/09 apps: 40 Goals: 0
Norwich City apps: 87 Goals: 1
Liverpool (02-05): 6 starts, plus 0 as sub, 0 goals.
Hull (03, loan): 8 starts, plus 1 as sub, 3 goals.
Bolton (04, loan): 1 starts, plus 0 as sub, 0 goals.
Rotherham (05-06): 7 starts, plus 7 as sub, 1 goals.
Crewe (06-07): 65 starts, plus 0 as sub, 1 goals.
Total: 87 starts, plus 8 as sub, 5 goals.
Jon began his career with Premier League giants Liverpool and progressed through the youth and reserve ranks to make four league appearances for the Anfield club. An attacking right-back, he was named in the League One team of the season during his final campaign with the Railwaymen.
With his contract expiring he attracted a lot of interest from a host of Championship clubs and joined Norwich City in the summer of 2007 on a free transfer.
With great pace and physical strength, the past two seasons have seen Jon develop his forward play and support the City attack. Fans will be hoping to see more of Jon as an attacking force in 2009-10 and for him to add to his single goal in Canary colours.