Born: Liverpool (March 23, 1983)
Height: 5ft, 10in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 12st, 7lbs.
Date signed: July 1, 2007
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 2 'A gem. A manager's dream' - Onel in Warnock's good books
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and his roll of the dice at City
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 5 City earn respect from Seagulls' chief Potter
- 6 'Josh is the most disappointed guy in the dressing room' - Farke on fluffed chance
- 7 Aarons backs City striker to recover after 'frustrating' Brighton draw
- 8 Positives for Canaries striker Sargent to focus on after wasting golden chances
- 9 'Two points dropped' - Fans felt City deserved more from Brighton clash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
Signed from: Crewe, Free
Contract: June 2010
City debut: v Preston A (August 11, 2007)
Former clubs: Liverpool, Hull City (loan), Bolton Wanderers (loan), Rotherham United, Crewe Alexandra
International honours: England U21
Season 2008/09 apps: 40 Goals: 0
Norwich City apps: 87 Goals: 1
Liverpool (02-05): 6 starts, plus 0 as sub, 0 goals.
Hull (03, loan): 8 starts, plus 1 as sub, 3 goals.
Bolton (04, loan): 1 starts, plus 0 as sub, 0 goals.
Rotherham (05-06): 7 starts, plus 7 as sub, 1 goals.
Crewe (06-07): 65 starts, plus 0 as sub, 1 goals.
Total: 87 starts, plus 8 as sub, 5 goals.
Jon began his career with Premier League giants Liverpool and progressed through the youth and reserve ranks to make four league appearances for the Anfield club. An attacking right-back, he was named in the League One team of the season during his final campaign with the Railwaymen.
With his contract expiring he attracted a lot of interest from a host of Championship clubs and joined Norwich City in the summer of 2007 on a free transfer.
With great pace and physical strength, the past two seasons have seen Jon develop his forward play and support the City attack. Fans will be hoping to see more of Jon as an attacking force in 2009-10 and for him to add to his single goal in Canary colours.