‘Proven Championship scorer’ - City fans excited about Hugill signing
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Jordan Hugill’s arrival at Norwich City has been met with plenty of positivity from the club’s supporters on social media.
The 28-year-old was unveiled as a Canaries player on Monday afternoon, becoming City’s 10th summer signing. Hugill joins the club from Premier League side West Ham in a structured deal worth in the region of £5m, with potential performance related add-on fees.
Many supporters were hoping to see a striker added to the squad this summer - with Teemu Pukki and Adam Idah the other options in that position.
Josip Drmic is expected to leave the club with summer - with City hoping that Hugill can provide a regualr stream of goals.
His Championship experience was a major factor in City’s pursuit of the forward, who has signed for the club for a fee of £2.6m but that could rise to £5m in add-ons and clauses.
You may also want to watch:
- Read City supporters thoughts on City’s latest addition above and below
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?