‘Proven Championship scorer’ - City fans excited about Hugill signing
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Jordan Hugill’s arrival at Norwich City has been met with plenty of positivity from the club’s supporters on social media.
The 28-year-old was unveiled as a Canaries player on Monday afternoon, becoming City’s 10th summer signing. Hugill joins the club from Premier League side West Ham in a structured deal worth in the region of £5m, with potential performance related add-on fees.
Many supporters were hoping to see a striker added to the squad this summer - with Teemu Pukki and Adam Idah the other options in that position.
Josip Drmic is expected to leave the club with summer - with City hoping that Hugill can provide a regualr stream of goals.
His Championship experience was a major factor in City’s pursuit of the forward, who has signed for the club for a fee of £2.6m but that could rise to £5m in add-ons and clauses.
You may also want to watch:
- Read City supporters thoughts on City’s latest addition above and below
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 7 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 8 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit