Martin impressed with early chemistry after scoring twice during City’s friendly success
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Josh Martin admits he was very impressed with the way Norwich City’s new signings linked up during their 6-0 friendly win over MK Dons.
The 18-year-old bagged a brace as City began their warm-up campaign with a thrashing of Russell Martin’s side.
The Canaries’ new recruits Danel Sinani and Przemyslaw Placheta played a significant part in Martin’s goals and the winger believes the chemistry forged between the offensive options will serve City well this season.
“There’s nothing better than scoring goals so I’m really happy for myself,” he said. “Both of my goals were assisted by new players, so we’ve got a good understanding of each other’s movement.
“I liked it how we were mixing up who was running behind and who was coming short.
You may also want to watch:
“In training, you can tell everyone is close together. Even with the new boys, it’s like we’ve been together for a while.
“Even earlier in the week in training, you could sense there was a gel between everyone and a good vibe. We played together really well and everyone knows each other well. We’re looking really good.”
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 Farke, Frankfurt and the future
Martin made a series of cameos in the latter part of City’s Premier League relegation campaign and is hoping to continue catching the eye in pre-season.
“I’m really happy with the performance from the boys, we’re gelling together really well so I can’t really grumble,” he added.
“We could have scored a couple more goals because we had a lot of chances, which is always good. We’re looking good and feeling sharp in our first week back.”
City will now travel to Germany on a week long training camp as they ramp up their preparations for the new season - with their next friendly on Monday against Verl.
“I’m very excited,” Martin told the club’s official website. “It’s my first pre-season so I’m looking forward to getting the opportunities and taking them so I can make an impact on the season.
“It was only a small, two and a half week break, and we were working over it as well so I feel fit, strong and ready to go.
“Being in Germany the whole week is going to be very good for us as a team, building team chemistry. Having the games out there is going to be amazing and by the time we come back the team will be even stronger.”