WATCH: He’s only gone and done it again! Second screamer in a week for Josh Martin
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s U23 winger Josh Martin netted his second Carrow Road thunderbolt in under a week as the young Canaries beat Sunderland.
Those who were present at the FA Youth Cup fixture against Newcastle United last Tuesday would have been suffering from some déjà vu after Martin thumped another long-range effort into the same top corner on Sunday.
Martin collected a throw-in before working a yard of space to shoot, unleashing a powerful left-footed drive into the net.
The former Arsenal winger dropped down to the U18s as they beat the Magpies 3-2 to progress into the next round of the competition. They'll face Manchester United after the Red Devils won their tie over Lincoln City.
Adam Idah netted his first goal of the season to double City's advantage before the break, dribbling past a couple of defenders before slotting the ball past the goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
Gassan Ahadme scored from the spot to seal the 3-1 victory as City won their third game of the season.
- Watch Josh Martin's screamer on the video above
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries win clash of the top two
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' stirring 1-0 Championship win against Brentford
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Farke would rather have a drink with Guardiola than Town's new boss next season
- 5 City ready to fight fire with fire against Toney and the Bees
- 6 'Quality' City loanee 'unlucky with injuries' during Rovers spell, says Johnson
- 7 Millwall forward praises City's defensive steel
- 8 Norwich City v Brentford: everything you need to know
- 9 'Massive' - City fans full of praise after vital Brentford win
- 10 City take 'massive step' to the Premier League admits McLean