WATCH: He’s only gone and done it again! Second screamer in a week for Josh Martin
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s U23 winger Josh Martin netted his second Carrow Road thunderbolt in under a week as the young Canaries beat Sunderland.
Those who were present at the FA Youth Cup fixture against Newcastle United last Tuesday would have been suffering from some déjà vu after Martin thumped another long-range effort into the same top corner on Sunday.
Martin collected a throw-in before working a yard of space to shoot, unleashing a powerful left-footed drive into the net.
The former Arsenal winger dropped down to the U18s as they beat the Magpies 3-2 to progress into the next round of the competition. They'll face Manchester United after the Red Devils won their tie over Lincoln City.
Adam Idah netted his first goal of the season to double City's advantage before the break, dribbling past a couple of defenders before slotting the ball past the goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
Gassan Ahadme scored from the spot to seal the 3-1 victory as City won their third game of the season.
- Watch Josh Martin's screamer on the video above
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling