K&P fail to open league account
RIDGEONS LEAGUE: After a pre-season where there were a couple of wins at Clacton and Sheringham and draws at Diss and Hadleigh with two defeats against Gorleston and Debenham, Kirkley & Pakefield went into the 2008 league campaign on the superb playing surface at CRC and lost 2-1.
After a pre-season where there were a couple of wins at Clacton and Sheringham and draws at Diss and Hadleigh with two defeats against Gorleston and Debenham, Kirkley & Pakefield went into the 2008 league campaign on the superb playing surface at CRC and lost 2-1.
New players Fox, Gilman, Blois and Cole took their place and it all went well in the first half, but the second half was not so good and CRC sneaked a winner with their second set piece goal.
Onto Tuesday at Leiston and another one-goal defeat.
Kirkley had debutant Robert Woodcock in goal but he blotted his copy book after an excellent match with a red card a minute from time.
You may also want to watch:
Kirkley, through Fox, missed a first-half penalty as they ran the show with nothing to show for their efforts.
Leiston upped the tempo and got the winner on 75 minutes.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 5 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 6 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 7 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 8 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
Onto Wroxham today for the FA Cup then it's a first game on the new surface at Walmer Road next week against Haverhill.
The Reserves had a good work-out with a young side at Hindringham, winning 5-2, a 14-0 win over Reedham and a 3-2 win at Wenhaston.
They start at Caister next week.