‘I don’t think anyone can live with us’ – Norwich star on why City deserve meteoric rise
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Kenny McLean believes Norwich City’s emphatic victory over Queens Park Rangers underlined why the Championship leaders are a cut above the rest this season.
McLean was in superb form much like the rest of his Canaries team-mates at Carrow Road in dispatching managerless Rangers.
And after an eighth successive win lifted City eight points clear of third-placed Leeds United with just six games remaining, Norwich’s relentless form is impossible to ignore.
“We knew it was going to be a tough game,” said the Scotland international. “QPR have got some good players, they’re not safe yet and we knew it would be a battle.
“But it’s all about us. When we play like that I don’t think anyone can live with us, to be honest with you.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s just the way it’s been most of the season and when you’ve got this man up front (Pukki) you know he’s going to stick your chances away.”
Emi Buendia’s 71st minute red card may now come with a three-game ban, but it had little bearing on Saturday’s game – by which time City’s superb Argentine forward had already done the business.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
“He went it quite heavy but I don’t think it’s a sending off; I’ve not seen it back again so I can’t really comment on it too much,” admitted McLean.
“But I thought Emi was terrific. Again, when you’ve players like that… me and Tom (Trybull) sit in the middle but when you’ve got a front four playing like that, teams are going to struggle to live with us.”
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…