‘I don’t think anyone can live with us’ – Norwich star on why City deserve meteoric rise
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Kenny McLean believes Norwich City’s emphatic victory over Queens Park Rangers underlined why the Championship leaders are a cut above the rest this season.
McLean was in superb form much like the rest of his Canaries team-mates at Carrow Road in dispatching managerless Rangers.
And after an eighth successive win lifted City eight points clear of third-placed Leeds United with just six games remaining, Norwich’s relentless form is impossible to ignore.
“We knew it was going to be a tough game,” said the Scotland international. “QPR have got some good players, they’re not safe yet and we knew it would be a battle.
“But it’s all about us. When we play like that I don’t think anyone can live with us, to be honest with you.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s just the way it’s been most of the season and when you’ve got this man up front (Pukki) you know he’s going to stick your chances away.”
Emi Buendia’s 71st minute red card may now come with a three-game ban, but it had little bearing on Saturday’s game – by which time City’s superb Argentine forward had already done the business.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 7 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 10 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
“He went it quite heavy but I don’t think it’s a sending off; I’ve not seen it back again so I can’t really comment on it too much,” admitted McLean.
“But I thought Emi was terrific. Again, when you’ve players like that… me and Tom (Trybull) sit in the middle but when you’ve got a front four playing like that, teams are going to struggle to live with us.”
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…