Key success puts Magpies clear of rivals
DEREHAM 3, KIRKLEY & PAKEFIELD 0: Dereham moved five points clear of closest rivals Kirkley & Pakefield after a convincing victory at Aldiss Park.
In a lively first half, Adam Smith tested the Kirkley keeper with a 25-yard drive and Magpies’ Shaun Marshall had to scramble to keep out a long range effort from Russell Stock. Smith then produced a magnificent solo run, beating four Kirkley players and setting up Scott Roberts to open the scoring in the 34th minute.
Stock then fired wide as Kirkley searched in vain for the equaliser before half-time.
In the second period, Smith had a penalty appeal turned down, with the referee awarding a corner instead. But from the flag kick, taken by Roberts, Ollie Thomson leapt to head Dereham’s second goal. The hosts added a third 10 minutes from time when Scott Woodgate scored from close range.
• Wroxham 1, Norwich Utd 1
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Danny Boswell rescued a point for Wroxham just as it looked as though their near-neighbours would be leaving Trafford Park with all three.
United took the lead on 51 minutes when Andy Key converted a cross from the right to score against his former club. The hosts piled on the pressure after that and finally got their reward two minutes into injury-time when Boswell found the back of the net with a low shot.
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 10 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move