Dowell donates to Wigan Athletic survival fund
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City new boy Kieran Dowell has donated £1,000 to the ‘Save Our Club’ campaign created by fans of his former loan club Wigan Athletic.
Dowell spent the second half of last season on loan at the DW Stadium and flourished - scoring five times in 13 appearances for the club.
The attacking midfielder also picked up the club’s Goal of the Season award for his stunning volley in their 8-0 demolition of Hull City in July.
Dowell joined the Canaries from Everton last month - ending his long association with the Merseyside club.
The ‘Save Our Club’ campaign has raised in excess of £500,000, with former Wigan manager Roberto Martinez pledging £5,000 as the Latics continue their search for new ownership, after a 12-point deduction for going into administration saw them relegated from the Championship.
You may also want to watch:
Former Canaries player Paul Cook left his post as first-team boss and the club are losing a number of their assets in order to sustain themselves for the future.
Speaking to City’s channels after completing his move to Carrow Road, Dowell said: “It was really sad the way it ended at Wigan. We were unreal from when I joined in January until the end of the season. We climbed the first mountain to get out the relegation zone and then got given another one and we couldn’t quite make it at the end.”
- A link to the fund can be found by clicking this link
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies