Killen ruled out by injury
David Cuffley Striker Chris Killen suffered an injury blow in his brief appearance for Norwich City in the 1-1 draw against Burnley at the weekend.The New Zealander has been ruled out of tonight's reserve team friendly against Yarmouth Town at Carrow Road (7.
Striker Chris Killen suffered an injury blow in his brief appearance for Norwich City in the 1-1 draw against Burnley at the weekend.
The New Zealander has been ruled out of tonight's reserve team friendly against Yarmouth Town at Carrow Road (7.30pm).
First team coach Ian Crook, in charge of City Reserves for the game against the Bloaters, told the club's official website: “Chris picked up a knock on Saturday so he's not able to play tonight.
You may also want to watch:
“He's got a pain in his Achilles so we'll rest him today and this evening, but hopefully he'll be all right for Saturday.”
Striker Cody McDonald, signed from Dartford, makes his first appearance in City colours, while Australian loan pair Adrian Leijer and David Carney are also included in a squad of 18, along with out-of-favour midfielder Matty Pattison.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 8 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
Luke Daley is named in the squad after making his senior debut as a substitute against Burnley.
Crook said: “I always used to look at the job of reserve manager as the most difficult because you're getting players who are getting left out of the first team so they're disappointed.
“To be fair to them, their attitude has been magnificent up to now and Sunday's training session was really good, so hopefully we should get a decent performance out of it.”
Tickets are available on the night at �3.50 for adults and �1 for under-16s in the Jarrold Stand and �3.50 for adults and free admission for under-16s in the Barclay Stand. Entry is free for season ticket-holders.
City Reserves (from) - Nelson, Rudd, Smith, Eagle, Leijer, Dumic, Pattison, Lappin, Adeyemi, Renton, Daley, Carney, McDonald, Omoregie, Clarke, Stephens, Davey, Brindley.