Killen ruled out by injury
David Cuffley Striker Chris Killen suffered an injury blow in his brief appearance for Norwich City in the 1-1 draw against Burnley at the weekend.The New Zealander has been ruled out of tonight's reserve team friendly against Yarmouth Town at Carrow Road (7.
Striker Chris Killen suffered an injury blow in his brief appearance for Norwich City in the 1-1 draw against Burnley at the weekend.
The New Zealander has been ruled out of tonight's reserve team friendly against Yarmouth Town at Carrow Road (7.30pm).
First team coach Ian Crook, in charge of City Reserves for the game against the Bloaters, told the club's official website: “Chris picked up a knock on Saturday so he's not able to play tonight.
You may also want to watch:
“He's got a pain in his Achilles so we'll rest him today and this evening, but hopefully he'll be all right for Saturday.”
Striker Cody McDonald, signed from Dartford, makes his first appearance in City colours, while Australian loan pair Adrian Leijer and David Carney are also included in a squad of 18, along with out-of-favour midfielder Matty Pattison.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
- 2 Giannoulis knows all about reported Canaries target Tzolis
- 3 Ex-Norwich City striker heading for Finland
- 4 Canaries unveil black and turquoise away kit
- 5 The truth behind Cantwell to Aston Villa rumours and when City fans should worry
- 6 Ranking every Norwich City away kit from the 21st century from worst to first
- 7 'We were so close' - Lambert's rare reflection on his success at City
- 8 WINDOW WATCH: All the latest Canaries news discussed
- 9 'That is gorgeous' - City fans loving new away kit
- 10 David Freezer: City will be desperate to avoid further disruption
Luke Daley is named in the squad after making his senior debut as a substitute against Burnley.
Crook said: “I always used to look at the job of reserve manager as the most difficult because you're getting players who are getting left out of the first team so they're disappointed.
“To be fair to them, their attitude has been magnificent up to now and Sunday's training session was really good, so hopefully we should get a decent performance out of it.”
Tickets are available on the night at �3.50 for adults and �1 for under-16s in the Jarrold Stand and �3.50 for adults and free admission for under-16s in the Barclay Stand. Entry is free for season ticket-holders.
City Reserves (from) - Nelson, Rudd, Smith, Eagle, Leijer, Dumic, Pattison, Lappin, Adeyemi, Renton, Daley, Carney, McDonald, Omoregie, Clarke, Stephens, Davey, Brindley.