King rules turf for Fakenham
Sheringham 0, Fakenham Ladies Reserves 4
Fakenham Ladies Reserves made all the early running at Sheringham with some good use of the ball down the right by Ellie Ready.
Shots by the busy Kelly Adcock and Liz Brown worked the home keeper. This set the tone for the half with Fakenham enjoying long spells of possession, working the ball well across the park, playing to feet.
On the half hour a Tara Curtis shot was turned onto the crossbar by the Sheringham keeper.
It seemed as if it was going to be a day when Town would do everything but score until 40 minutes when Sam King skipped through the home defence to drive home the first goal of the game.
You may also want to watch:
The half-time score was 1-0.
On 50 minutes more good work down the left resulted in a Sheringham defender handling inside the box and King took the perfect penalty, bulging the side netting for 2-0.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 6 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
Fakenham looked assured across the back and a special mention to Emma Weller who was returning to the side after a long lay-off and gave a faultless substitute performance at full-back.
More good work by the Town midfield saw the ball slotted through to Lorren Payne who timed her run to perfection but shot early when she could have had a touch and instead hit the ball straight at the keeper.
On 70 minutes King completed her hat-trick with a fine drive from the edge of the box.
More good work from the selfless Loren Payne gave Tara Curtis another chance but she saw her goal-bound shot cannon off a defender for a corner.
With 10 minutes left Laura Riches pounced on a loose ball on the edge of the box and calmly drove the ball into the corner of the net for her first goal of the season for a final score of 4-0.
Player of the match: Sam King was the pick of an excellent team performance.