King's Lynn make double signing
King's Lynn boss Carl Heggs has completed the double signings of trialists Andy Boyce and Phil Green.Ex-Doncaster Rovers central defender Boyce played the full 90 minutes in Lynn's weekend home friendly against a Leicester XI while ex-Aston Villa youngster Green impressed during a 45 minute cameo on the wide left.
King's Lynn boss Carl Heggs has completed the double signings of trialists Andy Boyce and Phil Green.
Ex-Doncaster Rovers central defender Boyce played the full 90 minutes in Lynn's weekend home friendly against a Leicester XI while ex-Aston Villa youngster Green impressed during a 45 minute cameo on the wide left.
Heggs revealed he was keen to tie up a double deal after the Foxes' friendly.
“Andy is someone we want to take,” said Heggs. “He's 19 years old, 6ft 5in and you've seen him. He is a beast of a boy. The two centre halves showed everything you'll need in the Unibond because we're not playing the likes of Leicester every week.
You may also want to watch:
“Phil had three years with Aston Villa but had six months off last season with a bad injury. He's now coming back and you saw that if we can get the ball to him he is electrifying. That was his first game in five months so we have to get him fit.”
Boyce spent the majority of last season on loan at Worksop and played in the Tigers FA Cup defeat at The Walks. The 19-year-old recently had a trial with Conference National Mansfield after being released by Rovers.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 5 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands