Ex-Norwich City striker signs for King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Town have signed former Norwich City striker Jamar Loza.
The 26-year-old winger was unveiled by the National League newcomers on Thursday – and admitted getting to know his new team-mates was unlikely to take long.
“I know a lot of the lads who are here, about half of them I would think, so that will help me to settle quicker than maybe I would have done,” he said. “They have told me nothing but good things about the club. I came down last season to watch a few games and I saw the way they played and it suits my style to a T so I am delighted to get involved.”
Loza came through the youth ranks at Norwich and turned pro in 2013, making three first team league appearances, all from the bench. His only start was in the League Cup and he departed in 2016.
But he is familiar with the likes of Lynn skipper Michael Clunan, Aaron Jones, Sam Kelly and Sonny Carey with a few of the others providing opposition during Loza’s travels in non league in recent years.
“We have a small group who have been training and doing some off-season bits to keep fit over the last few weeks so we are in touch all the time so I think it is not going to come as a real surprise to them that I have signed,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Loza was a schoolboy at City during Lynn manager Ian Culverhouse’s time as assistant manager, but the fact the Jamaica international has now made Norwich his home base has clearly suited both parties.
“I’m really pleased to get Jamar to the football club,” said Culverhouse. “He’s a big strong lad and direct with it. He has bags of experience at this level of football, has a good temperament and will add another dimension to the group of players I already have here at the football club. I’m looking forward to working with him over the coming months.”
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 9 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
Loza’s three years at Norwich were punctuated by several loan spells – to Coventry, Leyton Orient, Southend, Yeovil, Stevenage and Southend again before he was released by the Canaries when his contract expired. He spent most of last season on loan to Woking from Chelmsford City.